Thursday, October 13, 2011

TAG: Mizaan Retreat Reconnecting with Nature..

I realized that a thousand lectures on the environment and ecology will not do justice unless we let people experience nature up close. A few friends from Princeton and Boston areas are organizing a great initiative that I am so proud of their work and happy to be part of it. The Mizaan Retreat is this weekend that will further our connection with nature and love for the creation of God.

I have always marvelled at all the shades of green you find in a forest but this time of the year (Fall), I cannot even describe how the colors simply imbue in me this sense of life, energy, and majesty of God. The hues simply remind me about the nature of this aesthetic life and soon my time will expire and I will become brown and dry just like the dirt and return back to my Creator. I am here and those around me will continue to manifest life, each in his or her own way. Life is me; I continue to reflect and struggle with this conundrum. I have too many questions and only a few moments before I lose my color.  Meanwhile, I have adopted green.

Best of luck on this journey,

~ Faraz Khan  

 

Mizaan Retreat: Reaching Balance by Reconnecting with God, Nature, and Community.

It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the 1st Annual Mizaan Retreat.  To be held from Friday Oct 14, 2011 – Sunday Oct 16, 2011 in beautiful Camp Green Lane (Green Lane, PA).
HANDBOOK (includes schedule, classes, teachers, etc)
mizaan retreat handbook 2011mizaan retreat handbook 2011 

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (from infants to grandparents)!
The Mizaan Retreat seeks to bring Muslim families and individuals together for a weekend full of fun activities, learning and inspirational experiences in a cabin camp setting.  By encouraging friendship, personal spiritual exploration and respect for diversity of Islamic practice, Mizaan Retreat hopes to foster the creation of American Muslim identities.
2011 THEME |  Akhlaq: Nurturing Noble Character.

Camp Green Lane Retreat and Conference Center Interactive Map

No comments:

Post a Comment